Operation: Graveyard Operation: Graveyard

Good animation

The animation was great. Well done.

Can i suggest not adding sound effects? The music is timed just right with the animation, so it just doesn't need the added FX.

Professor Layton pt. 4 Professor Layton pt. 4

Puddin' Man!

I love how they're just going on and on at the end about the toaster and then suddenly they both just shut up at the same time. Great comedic timing. This is the animation I keep coming back to in the series, and the most quotable for sure. I crack up every time the Doc says "You're gonna kill your toaster!" and his voice cracks. Great stuff!

Skaijo responds:

This one is a personal fav of mine as it was just so much fun making. I think we were all just high on oxygen at the time and heavily sleep deprived when this was put together. It was so much fun.

Professor Layton pt. 5 Professor Layton pt. 5

Awesome

I have to ask, was all that stuff Luke was saying (like "I'm 42 years old!" and "I live on the moon!") just random gibberish made up on the spot, or was the voice actor actually reading stuff from someone's facebook updates? I can't tell if it's random or satire. Either way Luke is the best, he's such a hyped up annoying little shit. Don't kill him off! He's the best part!

Skaijo responds:

I wanted TW to say I'm 42 as the crux of the animation. We have a firm belief that anything Luke says often enough can be ffunny. Then I recorded him saying a bunch of other random lines and I would feed in from time to time like "I like cement! I take college notes on foil paper!" From there TW will get really into it and start ripping out brilliance rantifications like the whole I'll open up your mouth a rape your brains bit which had me rolling on my carpet. I can't really remember everything else, but it's just a really fun recording session is all. Then some eager mixing to get the timing right. The animation.

*Flight* *Flight*

Very enjoyable

Super fun game that killed some time. I liked the Apogee-style action music during the flight. Nice work!

Blosics 2 Blosics 2

Fun, but...

You need to make Level 21 either skippable or shorter. After finally watching the walkthrough, there's no way I'm going to sit around and wait for random generating balloons to lift blocks off the screen. The game up to that point was great. Challenging and interesting! Keep it up.

Madness Accelerant Madness Accelerant

Consternated

Wow, awesome game! I had a bug occur at the end though while fighting tricky in the wall. No enemies would spawn for me to steal weapons from, so I had to beat him up with my fists for 150 health points. Was tedious. Otherwise, wow! What a great game.

-Orr- Soaring in the Stars -Orr- Soaring in the Stars

Brilliant

Reminds me of the old Apogee DOS games. The bassline in particular strikes me as something that would accompany one of those cool old games. Love the track!

Sun and Rainfall Sun and Rainfall

Love it!

Funnily enough, if I hadn't heard it in Totem Destroyer first, I probably would have just passed on to the next song. But listening to it on repeat over and over in the game's background show's you just how relaxing and long-lasting the song is. It doesn't get old. It's quite relaxing and makes for an enjoyable gaming experience. Well done, HexMonkey!

HexMonkey responds:

Thank you very much. :D

Ants in a Better Place Ants in a Better Place

Talented

You have a talent for writing ambient music that comes across as really gentle. Most of my stuff ends up coming across too strong even though I'm aiming for ambient levels like in your music.

I love this piece, just as I liked Ants in Blue Gel. I'd love to collaborate with you one day on something for newgrounds. Keep up the good work.

Gillenium responds:

Well, there's many kinds of ambient songs, even abrasive ones. You should just make the kind you're best at.

A collab with a fellow ambient artist!.. that'd be new for me, although my collab with Kevin Johnson involved sharing and swapping of synths. I usually only collab if I feel the other person can bring something to the table which I can't do myself - like guitar or singing. However, I'd be interested in giving it a shot sometime. Thanks for the review!