-Orr- Soaring in the Stars -Orr- Soaring in the Stars

Brilliant

Reminds me of the old Apogee DOS games. The bassline in particular strikes me as something that would accompany one of those cool old games. Love the track!

Sun and Rainfall Sun and Rainfall

Love it!

Funnily enough, if I hadn't heard it in Totem Destroyer first, I probably would have just passed on to the next song. But listening to it on repeat over and over in the game's background show's you just how relaxing and long-lasting the song is. It doesn't get old. It's quite relaxing and makes for an enjoyable gaming experience. Well done, HexMonkey!

HexMonkey responds:

Thank you very much. :D

Ants in a Better Place Ants in a Better Place

Talented

You have a talent for writing ambient music that comes across as really gentle. Most of my stuff ends up coming across too strong even though I'm aiming for ambient levels like in your music.

I love this piece, just as I liked Ants in Blue Gel. I'd love to collaborate with you one day on something for newgrounds. Keep up the good work.

Gillenium responds:

Well, there's many kinds of ambient songs, even abrasive ones. You should just make the kind you're best at.

A collab with a fellow ambient artist!.. that'd be new for me, although my collab with Kevin Johnson involved sharing and swapping of synths. I usually only collab if I feel the other person can bring something to the table which I can't do myself - like guitar or singing. However, I'd be interested in giving it a shot sometime. Thanks for the review!

(Gillenium) Ants in Blue Gel (Gillenium) Ants in Blue Gel

Couldn't be better minimalist ambience

This reminds me a lot of the music that you used to hear in the 2d Oddworld games. I enjoyed it in the background of Pandemic. It doesn't utilise much more than a simple choir pad, beats and a few warbly background ambience effects. But it does the job to give across a kind of sad, yet peaceful sound.

This is beautiful to just have on repeat in the background over and over. Nice work.

Gillenium responds:

Hey thanks! Yes, I just found out that the Pandemic game made the front page and it has over 100,000 thousand views! I think I just doubled my amount of exposure, lol, thanks for the review.